Sunday, January 16, 2011

This weekend

This weekend I:

Went to New York with my dear friend for a night away.

Listened to live jazz music at a piano bar.

Watched a lot of football

Went to the mall in NY

Had my first "black and tan" (Yes, I totally just used wikipedia as as reference) and loved it

Spent 15 mins driving around Albany waiting for my GPS to warm up and tell us where to go....only to find out we were within walking distance from our start point.

Got free breakfast because the toilet in our hotel room had not been cleaned when we checked in.

Ate some of the best onion rings I have ever had!

Got off the elevator on the 11th floor at our hotel to have a guy look at me and say "something tasty is cookin' ".....??? yeah.

Walked around the New York State Museum for about 3 hours.

Got to see Engine 6 from 9/11 and hear the only surviving fireman from that engine speak (on video).

Didn't take a single picture of the weekend! Crazy, right?

Feeling so grateful and blessed for such a fun and refreshing weekend! Would love to rewind the whole weekend!

And now I prepare to start school again in the morning. Break was nice while it lasted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of (needed) fun and some really good laughs.

Amanda said...

What a fun weekend!!