Monday, October 26, 2009
It seems to me, the topic of God’s love is often preached about. It’s an easy topic to discuss. It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. Right? The more I think about it, and listen to this song, the more I realize how unfathomable the Lord’s love is for us. For you, for me, for your neighbor, for that family member you just can’t stand, for those four boys in Mt. Vernon that killed that mother. Unfathomable. Don’t you want to hate those boys? Send them to their own death? Make them pay the price they caused that little girl?
The Lord’s love far exceeds what they did. It far exceeds murders, rapists, child molesters… it exceeds the hate that Satan has for you and for me. It’s beyond reason.
This love we talk about, the one we embrace, the love we grab onto when we have fallen in a hole and just can’t seem to get out, this love for you and for me, took Him to the cross. Took the nails to His hands and feet, thorns in his head, beatings on his body, mockery of His name.
This is How He Loves.
OK, Not Me! Moday Homeward Bound Style.
Well, I did not just jump off an eight person plane. If I had, my stomach certainly wouldn't be all in a tizzy...
During my wait for the bus, I did not witness a (about) ten year old boy riding around on his suitcase yelling at the top of his lung "Get along horsey!" I was no totally tempted to take a picture of him....where were his parents? Clearly paying lots of attention to him.
I did not feel my stomach in my throat every time the plane made a little drop, and coming in on the runway I did not witness a HUGE plane make a very, very bad landing. Clash, boom, bang, sparking (and possibly people) flying (haha, no pun intended)
The bus driver didn't just ask me if I wanted to get off at South Station to get some Fast Food...the thought alone didn't send my stomach into a farther tizzy. Tizzy tazzy?
I also did not just realize that the muffin I grabbed at Starbucks, on my way to baggage claim, is a bran muffin with raisins... smart, Liz, REAL smart!
Check Our MckMama's site for more blog posts on Not me!
Friday, October 23, 2009
1. Whats your favorite horror movie?I am NOT a horror movie fan. at all. I have a wild enough imagination as it is. No need to put other ideas in my head. thankyouverymuch! I did see Hide and Seek in the theater, against my will, and I proceeded to wake up at a certain time (was significant to the movie) every night for a week.
2. Bath tub or Hot tub?Definitely hot tub!! So nice outside in the hot tub when it's cold out...although I would skip the hot tub if I could skip the cold!
3. Do you prefer to view a movie at the theater or at home?At home. Cheaper and much more comfortable!
4. If you could chose a maid, cook or chauffeur, which one would you choose?MAID!! Don't even have to give that a second thought!
5. Electric Slide, Boot Scootin' Boogie, or the Macarena?It's electric
Boogie woogie, woogie!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
B - Bed size: just upgraded to a full! :)
C - Chore you hate: Dusting and Vacuuming
D - Dog's name: Griffen & Brooklyn
E - Essential start your day item: Hitting the snooze button 5 times (at least)
F - Favorite color: Green & Blue
G - Gold or Silver: Silver
H - Height: 5'9
I - Instruments you play: Little piano, little guitar, played a mean trumpet for a few years
J - Job title: Full-time student, Nanny-home school once a week, Respite Care Provider, and I also help my cousin at photography events.
K - Kid(s): Griffen, Brookie Lynne, Lilie, and Mosey! :)
L - Living arrangements: Usually consists of me and at least 2 of the 4 animals in my room at a time.
M - Mom's name: Chatty Kathy
N - Nicknames: Liz, Lizizzle, Lizard, Lizza, Beth (to only a few family members)
O - Overnight hospital: Spent the night in the ER a couple years ago, does that count?
P - Pet Peeve(s): people who walk on the left!! People who feel entitled-although that goes beyond a pet peeve
Q - Quote from a movie: easier to quote tv "The camera adds 10 pounds" "How many cameras were ON YOU?!" hahahaha
R - Right or left handed: Right handed, dribble left
S - Siblings: Rebecca and Benjamin
T - Time you wake up: Differs every day. Easier to tell what time I go to bed. Somewhere between 1am & 2am.
U - Underwear: huh?
V - Vegetable you dislike: Bell Peppers (allergic and smell makes me gag)
W - Workout style: Jillian Michaels. Enough said
X - X-rays you've had: Hand, ankles and some weird bone that is twisted in both legs below my knees.
Y - Yesterday's best moments: Driving a BMW SUV for the first time! The beautiful weather. Early bedtime! :)
Z - Zoo favorite: Never been, but would probably say elephant
Monday, October 19, 2009
Posting a little early because I have to be at work for 8:30 and in order to beat the traffic I have to leave at 7:30- UGH!
Anyway, this is Not Me! Monday! Check out MckMama's blog! She created this carnival and hundreds join in on the fun each week! Make sure to link up with her, too!
Onward with my Not Me's!
Not Me! Monday
Driving up to Maine over the weekend, listening to Audrey’s song I Will Carry You by Selah (it's on itunes!), I did not find myself with tears streaming down my face picturing Angie, Audrey’s mom, singing this song to her little baby girl. I have listened to the song so many times, why would I still be crying over the words. (In all seriousness, Angie’s love for the Lord is so tangible. Her faith and love for the Lord alone is so clearly seem through this song)
While in Maine over the weekend, I did not eat so much that I thought I was going to need to be rolled back to NH! No joke- like Violet in Willy Wonka!
I am not sitting here catching up on the last 2 weeks of “So You Think You Can Dance” Seriously, what a great show! Can’t believe I missed the summer season!
Tomorrow I will not, once again, board an
That's it for this week! :)
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Better late than never!
Check out Mama M's site for more fun answers! One of my questions was picked again, too! :)
1. What phrase, or phrases, do you say a lot (holy cow, geez, seriously?)
WhaT? (yes, emphasis on the "T")
There's no way!
I am SURE there are several more...sarcasm is the name of my game!
2. Swimming: Are you a kamikaze off the boat, take the plunge from the deep end, or a gradual, slow submersion from the shore or shallow end kind of person?
Slow submersion?? What on earth is that? Throw me in the deep end, baby. None of this wimpy stuff, please and thank you! Geez!
3. Have any tattoos? If not, what would you get?Don't have a single one. I can hardly handle a couple hours of nausea, do you think I can handle a tattoo?? yeah ok.
4. What is your favorite tree?I do love our state tree, the White Birch
5. Two pronged question: What is your favorite non-physical thing about your spouse? What is your favorite physical thing about your spouse or significant other?hmmm, no spouse here yet! Sense of humor is huge in a male, though!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
It's that time of the week again! So lay your guilt aside and read on. Then head over the Mckmama's blog to read what others
As of today, I am not still doing a song and dance.
After exiting the shower this past week, I did not realize
While doing laundry, I did not find sea glass in my load upon taking my clothes out of the dryer.
I will not be homeschooling the kids I nanny one day a week. Guess I better get to learning my 2nd and 4th grade history, language, Latin etc...I went to a Christian school that used the most prestigious
I am now not entering into a state of deep sadness over the official start of cold weather and the terrible long winter we have to come... UGH!
Yesterday I did not eat a bagel for breakfast, pasta for lunch and pizza for dinner...geez, have some carbs, will ya?!
That's is for this week. Really, I should have just stopped at the shampoo incident. That was bad enough.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
It only took me
In the course of my
As of November 9th, I will be a graduate of
With a degree in Human Service and Management & Minor in Spanish
On to grad school for me for a Masters in Human Service (concentration TBD)
Friday, October 9, 2009
1. What is the one thing that you reach for the most in a day (excluding phones and computers)?I would absolutely say laptop if that was allowed, but since it's not....I would say some sort of lip balm, gloss, chapstick....and water
2. What is the farthest you have been from home?I believe the answer to that is Ukraine. I was there for about a week on a missions trip. We went to orphanages, worked with street kids, and spent time in a few gypsy camps.
3. What kind of cell phone do you have? Love it or hate it?
I have the Lg enV 3 and I love it! I wanted a blackberry, but the packages were just to much. The env3 has the full keyboard, so I am happy! I also only paid $50 for it!
4. Coke or Pepsi?Diet coke! I do like Pepsi, though. It has a certain kick to it that I like.
5. If you could go back and change anything about your wedding day, what would it be and why?Well, I am not married yet, but I have attended a lot of weddings. At my sister's wedding, I would have changed the "coordinator". They were married in a church that was not our home church and we had our pastor marry them. However, the wife of the pastor whose church it was, was the "coordinator for the ceremony. She was horrible! MEAN as all get out and was hurrying my sister. The violinist was not there yet, and she just want to get the ceremony done. Very unpleasant woman!
OK, hop on over to Mama M's blog to read more answers to these five questions.
Monday, October 5, 2009
1. Answer the survey below...you can only use one word answers!
2. Pass this along to
6 3 of your favorite bloggers!
3. Alert them that you have given them this award!
4. Have Fun!
1. Where is your cell phone? bed
2. Your hair? brown
3. Your mother? menopausal :)
4. Your father? Veterinarian
5. Your favorite food? Greek!
6. Your dream last night? Swimming
7. Your favorite drink? Rooibos (tea)
8. Your dream/goal? not living for the weekends (oops!)
9. What room are you in? bedrom
10. Your hobby? school? blah!
11. Your fear? basements
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? warm weather -oops 2 words, sorry had to be said
13. Where were you last night? ocean
14. Something that you aren’t? extroverted
15. Muffins? mocha
17. Where did you grow up? NH
18. Last thing you did? alarm
19. What are you wearing? Gap
20. Your TV? bulky
21. Your pets? zoo
22. Friends? faithful
23. Your life? random
24. Your mood? zzzzzz
25. Missing someone? sister
26. Vehicle? HONDALOVE
27. Something you’re not wearing? socks
28. Your favorite store? Target (Especially the ones with Sbux in them!!)
29. Your favorite color? green and blue (oopsies again)
30. When was the last time you laughed? tonight
31. Last time you cried? yesterday (darn you, Extreme Home makeover)
32. Your best friend? far
33. One place that I go to over and over? Target
34. One person who emails me regularly? Tiffany
35. Favorite place to eat? Cheese Cake Factory (sorry had to go out with a bang!)
I am awarding:
Shauna, I'd tag you, but I doubt you would respond. :) haaa
uhhh, Mama M took my other peeps to tag. :)
...didn't do so well with the one word answers.
In my quest over the summer to become more committed to working out, I never found myself in these situations:
Waking up at 4:30am to workout because there was no other time in the day.
Working out at the end of the day at 1:ooam because there was no other time
Falling asleep for the night after a hard workout, in my workout clothes, without a shower...that's just nasty!
Doing push ups...on the bathroom floor....while doing a one minute mouthwash rinse
Still doing a short workout after getting a minor concussion that day at the water park.
Saying unpleasant things to Jillian Michaels, loving and hating her at the same time. mostly hating...
And finally, after a hard workout, I did not jump....in the ocean...with all my clothes on (minus the sneakers)
Post your own therapy and head to Mckmama's blog to read other Not Me! Mondays!
Friday, October 2, 2009
2. The thing you love most about fall is...
All the baking possibilities!! :) Apple Pie Bars once I go apple picking!
3. What store you would love to spend to heart's desire (money is no object)?
No question or thought here! TARGET!! I bought these yesterday.
4. What is your favorite snack food?
5. What was your first car?
Honda Accord, bright blue, standard shift, paid $1,500 for it. Lasted about a year.
Click over to Mama M's blog and see more answers to these questions.