Friday, June 18, 2010

heavy heart

This has been happening too much lately. Getting phone calls with bad news.



I got a call from my mom tonight. One of her friend's son (brother of my close friend) was killed in a motocyle accident today. Just like that and he is dead. He has a 17 year old daughter who is a total daddy's girl. He had his life together and now he is gone. Just like that.



Please pray for Brian's family. They are so broken.



My first reply to the Lord was "I just don't get it". I don't. I don't understand the Lord's ways, but I still have to trust.

Brian's mom was a single mom for most of her three kids' lives. She lives about 18 hours away from where Brian lived, but she is on her way up here tonight and will be staying with us, along with her daughter who will be traveling tomorrow. Please pray for traveling mercies and for comfort for this sweet family.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

This breaks my heart to hear. His family is in my prayers.

Shauna and Ben said...

so sorry to hear this news. praying for the family and for you guys as you minister to them. love you!

Anonymous said...

oh how sad! This has been a very hard year for your family. i will pray for you and them.

Ray said...

Praying. I can't imagine how hard it is for his family.