Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Funk

I have been in a total funk lately.

I have no idea.

I have been feeling very strange mentally.

And it has put me in a real funk.

To the point where I don't want to do anything.

I don't feel depressed.

I am not really anxious.

Just in a funk.

And I hate the feeling.

It's a feeling of not being able to be present in the moment. ever.

I keep thinking I will wake up and it will be gone.

But it hasn't.

I've felt better for a couple days.

And I have moments when I feel normal again.

But then I go back to the strange feeling.

Today the funk just made me totally annoyed at everything.

UGH!

I wish I knew what the deal was....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh! I wish I knew and could tell you and that would help. :) I hate the funk like that. I know I make the funk worse by feeling guilty about it (my mom's voice echoes in my head, "you can't live by your feelings"). And now it's raining just in time for your funk. I will pray for the funk to pass. Thanks for the link to the Durkee's blog.

Shannon K. said...

Oh man, Liz. I can relate. There are times when I seem under that same cloud. For example, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to pull myself back into the same enjoyment I used to get out of blogging. No matter what I try, I find it always feeling like a chore, and the desire to do it just isn't there. Funk.

I sure hope you pull out of it soon. I know how little fun it is.