Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tis so sweet

Tis so sweet
To trust in Jesus

Tonight I learned of the death of someone many loved dearly. I cannot say I know many who are loved so deeply by so many. Truly. She was a woman after God's heart. Her love for Him was so tangible and sweet.

Only a couple months ago was she diagnosed with leukemia. She missed her daughter's college graduation and her son's high school graduation due to the cancer and having a very difficult time with treatment. Her battle was hard and long. Yet, I can testify that when she came to church one Sunday in between treatment, she sat in the back with a blanket over her lap. When the pastor called attention to her presence in church that day, she simply raised her hands to heaven, eyes fixed on Jesus, giving all the glory to God.

I'll never forget singing in choir when she directed. The joy on her face when she sang praise is indescribable.

Just to take Him at His word. Just to rest upon His promise, and to know "thus saith the Lord"

There are hundreds shedding tears tonight over the loss of a friend, wife, mother, sister, aunt etc. My heart aches for her family. I can only pray and take confidence in knowing that Jesus will watch over them. He will hold them. Oh these coming days will be more difficult that my comprehension. But we have to trust...

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him! How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er; Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

No doubt in my mind...she is pain free tonight and singing with the angels. Glory to God, what a wonderful site she is seeing.

Please pray for her family. She leaves behind many who desperately need Him for comfort.

No comments: