Thursday, June 11, 2009

Graciously Given

**I've had this one stored as a draft for a couple weeks.

Over the last few months I have felt a constant reminder. Whether crying through a moment of pain or walking into church and seeing a familiar face, the Lord has not ceased to overwhelm me with His goodness. For those who know me well, know I love deeply. Most of the time, I love until it hurts.

As I look around my room, my walls are filled with pictures of family and friends. Some friends I see often, and others I do not see on a regular basis. I do not have a large group of close friends. I have a few very close friends, and I love it this way. I enjoy being able to invest in my friendships, to be there whenever needed. I have friends who are very close to my heart, but we do not talk all the time. Even through our distance, I know our friendship remains the same.

I think over where I am today, and I have been so blessed by some of the most wonderful friends. I am humbled to think of all the mistakes I have made in the past and make in the present, and yet, I can think of nothing greater on earth than having what I have. I still have friends who love me despite me. I have a Savior who took His love for me to the cross so that I may spend eternity with Him.

I am beyond grateful for those in my life I call "friend". God has been so gracious to me.
"But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." Psalm 86:15

No comments: